Thursday, September 29, 2011

Motorola Xoom

New products are not the only ones that catch my eye. A product that has been out for a while but is offered at a good price can be just as exciting. After a little research however that excitement can fade. For example this Motorola Xoom for sale on www.woot.com has a great price compared with the last time I saw it, but is it really a good deal.

Motorola XOOM 10.1” 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi

$349.99

  • + $5 shipping
CONDITION:
Refurbished
PRODUCT:
1 Motorola XOOM 10.1” 32GB, Wi-Fi, Android 3.1, NVIDIA Dual-Core, Flash, microSD, 5MP & 2MP Cameras
10 inch tablets, I want one. I want one now. But, I want a good deal and I am willing to wait for just the right tablet at just the right price. This Motorola xoom caught my eye. But after checking some mainstream online vendors this price is nothing to scream about. The prices I have found are as follows:
www.newegg.com $379.99 re-certified
www.tigerdirect.com $399.99 refurbished
www.amazon.com $448.01 new
www.staples.com $499.98 new
amazon.com had some refurbished for a cheaper price but I did not recognize any of the vendors. I never purchase from a vendor I have not researched thoroughly. Also note that the price jumps up from the refurbished to the new products. The price difference of $30 dollars for a refurbished is good if this is exactly what I want and I am going to buy it anyway. If I was planing to buy it new the price difference of about $100 might tempt me to buy refurbished. But I am holding out for a significant price reduction on the Acer Iconia w500. For anyone that wants a low end 10 inch tablet with no frills I found this Arnova tablet at tigerdirect. You should check the specifications and reviews but at $169.96 it is an affordable tablet.


No comments:

Post a Comment